I’m smiling. It was a productive week and a restful weekend. Here’s a recap of last week’s wins:
Monday Recap – Last Week’s Wins
Home & Writing Books
I spent time with my fiancé, attended a student play and worked 5 hours closer to my 300-hour goal for writing my novels. This puts me at the 300-minute mark, which means I’ve hit the first level (copper) of the Minutes To A Better Book challenge.
Paper Palaces, Posting, and Site Changes
For the last few weeks, I’ve experimented with posting every day. While I see more visitors on this site, I want to make sure that the content makes sense for you. I created a poll for followers so you can give me feedback on how many posts I should do per week.
I have also created a few new pages and changed up the top menu. They are getting a few hits from outside of WordPress, which is always nice.
Quick Links – New pages:
Let me know what you think! Like a page or two, if you want.
A Mock Schedule
I really enjoy posting every day. I feel like I don’t have to fit in all my thoughts into two or three posts. I can spread them out. I have tried to come up with a few structures for posting. Still, I’m taking a break from posting this week to focus on some other things.
Here is a rough and loose idea of what content may come if I post every day:
SundaysFeedback! Polls (To stay open throughout the week) (Here is this week’s poll. Please vote!)
- Last Week’s Wins – a recap of the last week & a look at the current week
- Tips and techniques for reading, reflecting, and writing (like this post about storytelling).
- Writing Wednesday – Curiosity Posts for Process posts for writing (like this post on writing for six hours . . . or this post on overcoming creative blocks. ).
- A curiosity post examining a specific topic, habit, or book . . . Here’s one on time management, and another on a specific book.
- This Week’s Reads – A shoutout to great blogs and sites. Here is an example!
- A process post about writing or new habits I’m trying to form (like this goal-oriented post).
If I don’t post every day, I would like to try creating two or three posts that combine the elements from above.
Noteworthy Posts from Last Week:
If you didn’t get a chance to see these, check them out!
- 7 Lessons I Learned From Hosting My First 7-Day Challenge, and What I’m Doing Next
- How would ______ do this? Three more questions to ask yourself when experiencing a creative block. . .
- Why 300 hours of writing seems like a good idea . . .
- Why would anyone listen to your story? 3 Questions to Ask Yourself Before Sharing Anything with Anyone
What do you do on your own blog or site? Do you have a set schedule or preferences?